Friday 30 December 2016

New Years Champagne Jelly Shots

Cassie Cakes Champagne Jelly Shots

Happy New Years everyone! This morning I saw my adult neighbour lying in the street, with her hands on her head, screaming, "I want my money! I want my money!" Well, don't we all. Where's my money? Where's my jet pack and where's my goddamn money? That's what I want this year. More jet packs and more money. Drop me a line if you think you can help me get either of those things.
Cassie Cakes Champagne Jelly Shots

While I'm waiting for my jet pack, money and private island, I'm going to get lit on champagnes jelly shots. Lit up like a firework! These jelly shots pack a punch. I put vodka in them because it's bloody New Years so lets act like it. I would have added more vodka but I was afraid that it wouldn't set.
Cassie Cakes Champagne Jelly Shots

I think that fear may have been unfounded. I remember reading that a gentleman survived the sinking of the Titanic because his blood alcohol level was so high that his blood wouldn't freeze. And for some reason I had it in my head that because alcohol doesn't freeze, it won't turn to jelly either. I don't think that's the case. Next time I make these, I'm going for it.
Cassie Cakes Champagne Jelly Shots

I used both a large baking dish and some martini glasses for the jelly. Both work and the glasses actually set a lot faster than the large dish so if you're in a rush to get drunk off jelly, go glasses or even shot glasses.
Cassie Cakes Champagne Jelly Shots

I'm going to a New Years event on the river tonight, I'm going to watch the fireworks and then I'm going to come home and eat the rest of these, eat some ice cream on my sofa, cuddle my puppy and watch Netflix. How good does my night sound. If you have high aspirations like myself, make these and have yourself a happy little New Years!
Cassie Cakes Champagne Jelly Shots

New Years Champagne Jelly Shots

Prep time: 10 mins

Cooling time: 4 hours, or overnight

Servings: 36 chunks of alcoholic jelly!

3 x 12g sachets of powdered gelatin
2 cups boiling water
3 cups soft drink, such as creaming soda
3/4 bottle of champagne
1 cup vodka
Spray oil
Sprinkles

  1. Add gelatin and hot water to a large bowl and stir until all gelatin is dissolved.
  2. Add the soft drink, champagne and vodka and mix well.
  3. Spray a glass dish lightly with a neutral oil such a vegetable oil.
  4. Decant the liquid into the dish, or into glasses if desired.
  5. Refrigerate until set - 4 hours or overnight if time allows.
  6. Turn jelly out on to a board and cut into squares.
  7. Sprinkle with sprinkles just before serving and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger
Design byJasmineJoy